Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC today announces 3D Molecules Edit Lite 1.0, a free version of their popular chemistry application for iPad and iPhone, 3D Molecules Edit&Drill. Students love it, teachers use it, professionals find it very useful. 3DMolecules Edit Lite makes learning both fun, engaging and eventually much more effective. The app is designed to enable students to display and build molecules in 3D.
3D Molecules Edit Lite allows the users to open and view molecules in SDF format files, for example, from NCBI’s PubChem, a public database of compounds.
The company created these app due to consistent customer demand. The team truly listens and responds to what customers want. Today the app 3D Molecules Edit&Drill is liked and used by thousands people from all over 20 different countries.
* Awesome and Simple To use – I have been looking for something like this for some time to help in my tuition sessions. Easily a 5 star app, no question but could you also include a black background as well as the default light blue?Excellent!! – BigSequin
* I really like the idea of being able to assemble molecules on an iPhone. In the most basic functionality, this works pretty well and I like the possibility to optimize the geometry. – Halgrim
* I’ll never forget the gasps of delight the first time I used this app in my General Chemistry class when we were covering molecular geometry and hybrid orbitals. This app is a sensational teaching and learning tool! – Dr Poston
Lite version supports the following features for effective teaching and learning:
* Building molecule model
* Support of single, double and triple bonds
* Visualization of Stick style, Ball and Stick, Spacefill (CPK) models
* T-shaped and seesaw molecular geometries support
* Bond-angle optimization
* Loading molecule in SDF file format
* Availability of information about chemical element symbols in the molecule
* Opening the molecule file attachments directly from Mail
If your expectation are higher than the free version can offer, please do not hesitate to use the complete version of 3D Molecules Edit&Drill: three-dimensional modeling tool and viewer for chemistry education in schools, colleges and universities” for higher quality and better involvement of students.
3D Molecules Edit&DrillFeature Highlights:
* Building molecule model of any organic or inorganic compound using most of periodic table elements
* “Test yourself” mode to build the target chemical compounds
* Not only loading, but editing and saving molecule in SDF file format
* Building molecule models of cyclic compounds
* Visualization of atomic orbitals and electron effects
* Availability of information about the bond length in the molecule
* Saving and sending the created model by e-mail
* Export to VRML format for builded molecule
* Opening and saving created molecules in cloud services and third-party applications
English and Russian
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 28.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
3D Molecules Edit Lite 1.0 is free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category.
Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC has had over 10 years experience in educational applications development. Copyright (C) 2013 Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.