Arthur’s Birthday – Wanderful interactive storybook in English and Spanish, by Wanderful Inc, is perfect for anyone wanting to share a quality classic that comes alive and has an important lesson embedded in the content. All of the titles by Wanderful live up to this prestigious concept: classic interactive experiences of the highest quality.
Arthur’s Birthday, written by the acclaimed author Marc Brown, and updated by Wanderful into an enchanting interactive reading experience is loads of FUN. The story features Arthur, the adorable aardvark, from the suite of picture, chapter, board and Step Into reading series, who also has been a television icon. His extremely popular show has been one of the longest running TV shows on PBS Kids.
Don’t forget Arthur is a role model and his stories always include important issues where he points children in the direction of success! Best Part: Wanderful has extensive teaching plans available that align with the Common Core available for all of its titles.
Read and play inside each of the fully animated pages, where everything comes to life for hours of delightful story fun as Arthur creates a solution that includes everyone. Arthur’s Birthday is a story of how children sometimes feel they must choose between friends. Arthur and Muffy are each planning their birthday parties for next Saturday afternoon. How will their friends decide which to attend? In English and Spanish with French story content available as an in-app upgrade.
• Story is in both English and Spanish – change language from any page
(It is also available in two versions; the US version (Birthday) that features US English and Spanish storybook content and the UK version (UK-Birthday) that features UK English (all characters and voices have a “British accent”) and features UK English and French storybook content.)
• Unlock French story content with in-app upgrade
• Each page is fully animated and interactive and virtually every item comes to life when tapped
• All words are recorded twice and are fully “active” for extended word play and language learning
• A hidden surprise is on each page – see if you can find all the confetti
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Two story modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Multiple settings further customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Parental tips help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 36 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Arthur’s Birthday Classroom Activities guide
• The full 61 page Arthur’s Birthday Classroom Activities guide is available as an in-app upgrade
We met the Wanderful CEO, Mickey W. Mantle, at ISTE and got to hear the history first hand. Mickey said he knew the first time he saw an iPad that it was the right platform to introduce a new generation of kids to classic interactive reading experiences. Mickey explained how he had overseen the original Living Books technology development as Vice President of Engineering at the renown Brøderbund Software Co. in the 1990s. He not only knows these titles inside and out, he loves what he is doing and it shows. Stay tuned – Mickey has lots more coming! Don’t balk at the $4.99 price, it is chock full of activities and worth every penny.