Rolling Pea, developed by KievSeaPirates and illustrated by Ivan Sulima, is an Eastern European folk tale from the Ukraine. This handsomely illustrated chronicle features a determined little boy named “Rolling Pea” who grows up to have amazing strength and embarks on a quest to rescue his brothers and sisters from a dungeon guarded by the fierce dragon. The story has spectacularly detailed artwork which is combined with subtle and detailed interactivity, fabulous sound effects and original music, all making Rolling Pea a captivating experience for kids on each and every page.
All of the kids we shared the story with were on the older side, we found them enthralled page after page. Children will be introduced to a new word – what we would call a scepter or club, is referred to here, as a mace. The tale has undertones of a strong Paul Bunyan type character mixed with the bravery of David and Goliath. This story is recommended for ages 8-10 by the developer and we agree. Due to the forceful nature, this book may bit a much for the younger set.
• More than thirty amazing fully animated pages.
• Wonderfully illustrated with beautiful, colorful imagery.
• More than 500 interactive elements and sounds to explore.
• Many interactive surprises and funny games.
• Original soundtrack: every page has his own musical identity.
• Fully narrated by professional actors.
• Read to Me or Read by Myself modes.
• Highly readable.
• A different reading experience each time.
• Created especially for iPads.
• Supports all devices: from iPad1 to iPad 4 and iPad Air.
• Optimized for retina and non-retina devices.