If you got at least half right we will call it passing….
CLICK the orange tabs or swipe left to view all of the slides
Teachers, Can You Pass This Test? I originally made this deck for a presentation to a class of graduate students, they bombed and most of them were half my age. You can read all about that here, in this blog – PLN, PBL, MOOC, APPR – Blended Learning, Flipped Classroom… I gave a simple list of a dozen or so acronyms and educational phrases for them to define. I included the most popular terms that dominate my life, like PLN (Professional Learning Network). Out of eleven students, zero knew what PLN, PBL, or MOOC were. Surprising, right? I have updated the original Haiku Deck and pasted it above. Click on the arrows to progress through the 18 slides.
The answers to the 15 questions from the Teachers Can You Pass This Test? Haiku Deck are listed below
- PLN – Professional Learning Network
- PBL – Project Based Learning
- MOOC – Massive Open Online Courses
- BIP – Behavior Intervention Plan
- LEP – Limited English Proficiency
- OPT OUT – Movement of parents opting their children out of standardized testing
- SLO – Student Learning Objective
- BLENDED LEARNING – Intentional learning outside of school (usually digital) to free up school day for more interaction with students. Ex they watch the videos at home and work online
- FLIPPED CLASSROOM – Subset of blended, more of a focus of inverting classroom model ex homework in school and instruction outside of class
- DIFFERENTIATION – Philosophy that different students need different avenues for acquiring content
- 1:1 INITIATIVE – Students having a computing device as one of their key learning tools
- LMS – Learning Management System is comprised of software to manage digital devices
- HASHTAG – on social media sites a word or phrase after the symbol # to identify messages on a specific topic
- BYOD – Bring Your Own Device
- CLOUD COMPUTING – practice of using network of servers to host, store, & manage data, rather than using personal computer.