TED Blog posted this wonderful resource - The 20 most popular TED Talks... as of December 2013. These amazing videos all are worth taking the time to watch and learn from. The viewership numbers include all the platforms TED tracks: TED.com, YouTube, iTunes, embed and download, Hulu and more. Teachers With Apps updated the number of views, as they grow daily!
Some fascinating things to notice on this list, if you’d like to compare and contrast it to the most popular talks in 2012, and to the list we shared back in 2011: Amy Cuddy, Susan Cain, David Blaine and Pamela Meyer are all newcomers to the list, with Cuddy’s talk storming to spot #5 thanks to you sharing it. Meanwhile, Brene Brown’s talk has doubled in its number of views since 2012, with Simon Sinek and Mary Roach’s talks coming close to that line. And finally, Ken Robinson’s classic talk? Well, it has been played nearly 9 million times since last year alone.
But what really makes this list so incredible is the fact that it spans so many areas of interest, from education to happiness, statistics to creativity, tech demos to illusions. We love that this list revels in the wonders of the human brain, as well as in the incredible creatures of the deep sea, and far beyond.
1. Ken Robinson: How schools kill creativity (2006) - 27,234,354 views
2. Jill Bolte Taylor's: My Stroke of Insight (2008) - 15,450,508 views
3. Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action (2010) - 17,831,496 views
4. Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability (2010) - 15,839,807 views
5. Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are (2012) 18,685,762 views
6. Pranav Mistry: The thrilling potential of SixthSense (2009) - 12,732,738 views
7. Tony Robbins: Why we do what we do (2006) - 12,732,738 views
8. David Gallo: Underwater astonishments (2007) - 10,866,381 views
9. Mary Roach: 10 things you didn’t know about orgasm (2009) - 12,548,304 views
10. Daniel Pink: The puzzle of motivation (2009) - 10,966,428 views
11. Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry: Meet the SixthSense interaction (2009) - 8,579,021 views
12. Dan Gilbert: The surprising science of happiness (2004) - 9,267,166 views
13. Hans Rosling: The best stats you’ve ever seen (2006) - 8,504,172 views
14. Elizabeth Gilbert: Your elusive creative genius (2009) - 8,562,760 views
15. Steve Jobs: How to live before you die (2005) - 7,896,590 views
16. Susan Cain: The power of introverts (2012) - 8,865,762 views
17. Keith Barry: Brain magic (2004) - 7,430,537 views
18. David Blaine: How I held my breath for 17 minutes (2010) - 7,721,542 views
19. Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liar (2010) - 8,198,678 views
20. Arthur Benjamin: A performance of "Mathmagic" (2005) - 6,423,845 views