Parents and teachers will be happy to know that Dexteria Jr. has been upgraded in time to get kids ready for going back to school. In response to user requests, we have added a level menu system, improved responsiveness, and made multi-user tracking available via in-app purchase.
"Research continues to emerge about the importance of fine motor skills in early childhood development," said Frank Jensen, President of BinaryLabs. "It's not just about writing and drawing well. Studies show that kids that have good fine motor skills in preschool score higher in math and reading later on in school, " he said.
Dexteria Jr. is an award-winning app and features a set of three hand and finger exercises that help develop fine motor skills and handwriting readiness. The activities are specially designed for kids age 2-6. New characters, sprite animations, music, and sound effects all add up to a fun and engaging experience for toddlers and preschool-aged children.
Dexteria Jr.'s unique hand and finger activities take full advantage of the iPad's multi-touch interface to help build strength, control, and dexterity.
For best results the exercises should be done on a regular basis in short sessions. The exercises are designed to be repeatable and engaging, and when used on a regular basis will help fine motor skills improve over time.
The automatic tracking and reporting feature makes it easy for parents, teachers and occupational therapists to identify time on task and progress. You can email the progress reports right from the app itself.
• Increases coordination and motor control in the hands and fingers
• Easy to use
• Great way to get kids ready for kindergarten
• Fun graphics, music, and sound effects
• "Quiet time" mode turns off music and/or sound effects
• Automatically creates performance and usage reports that can be emailed
• Designed in consultation with Occupational Therapists
• Less expensive and more reusable than workbooks
• Multi-user reporting available via in-app purchase