Sight Words by Photo Touch, developed Grasshopper Apps, is a simple yet extraordinary app that provides a unique way for students to practice their own sight words. An indispensable classroom tool. Once used, you will wonder how you ever lived without it! Teachers With Apps has been singing the praises for Grasshopper Apps for some time, we’ve reviewed the wildly popular Sentance Maker and the beautiful Bitsboard which are other mainstays in the classroom. We couldn’t agree more with the company mantra – “We believe that educational apps need to be insanely fun, highly educational and affordable for all. Period.” Grasshopper Apps delivers and they don’t disappoint. They are all about classification, customization and customer support. They offer users dozens of apps, all focusing on a specific classification. Look for these tags to know the specific skills that each app focuses on.
* Add your own voice – now your toddler can learn everything in mommy’s or daddy’s voice
* Add your own items – take pictures of your child’s favorite items to make the game more fun and personal
* Learn by sight, sound, and touch
* Uses real, crisp child-friendly fonts that are easy to read
* Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
* Dynamic game play adjust difficulty (the number of objects per page) automatically to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
* Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and touch the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by slowly repeating the desired question).
* Multi-sensory learning tool – combining audio, voice, and written words
* Don’t like some of the existing items… no problem, just delete any item your kids does not enjoy
* Multi-language support – since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
* Sights words are neatly organized by level including preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and third grade
A fun and addictive way to learn sight words by sight, sound & touch.