Vito Technology has announced the release of Star Walk 7.0 – an update to their award-winning augmented reality app for spotting over 200,000 stars, planets, constellations, satellites and galaxies in the night sky. The new version was specially designed for iOS 7 running devices and offers improved user interface and faster graphics. The app will come in especially handy for those looking forward to the ISON comet.
Star Walk is an interactive astronomy guide that shows celestial objects (stars, constellations, satellites, etc.) in the exact positions on the sky above you, providing comprehensive information about them. It helps anyone even remotely interested in astronomy find their way across the sky, determine where to look for any object, rewind or fast-forward time to see how celestial bodies move. It inspires curiosity about the Universe and helps users understand amazing cosmic phenomena.
Star Walk provides users with a list of significant astronomy events for the nearest future. Tapping on event, you can read more on what you are about to see and schedule a reminder that will automatically sync with iCal.
Another feature added by popular request is Comet tracking that includes four comets: Halley, ISON, PANSTARRS, and Lemmon. Users will be able to identify the comets in the night sky, access all relevant information, and schedule a reminder for when the comets are visible. For instance, the highly anticipated ISON comet will light up the skies in November 2013. New version can help stargazers track the comet and set a reminder not to miss the main celestial event of the year.
* Augmented Reality
* Star Spotter – real time motion tracking tells you what stars are above you in the sky
* Satellites Tracking – never miss ISS flying over your head again
* Comet Tracking – find ISON, PANSTARRS, Halley, and Lemmon
* Time Machine – see what the sky looks like at any moment in the past or future
* Calendar of Celestial Events: plan stargazing without leaving your favorite app
* Picture of the Day – stunning pictures from deep space
* Night Mode – preserve your dark vision to see more stars
* Search – wondering where Jupiter is right now? Arrow will guide you to it
* Big Screen – connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen
* AirPrint, Moon Phases, Info, View from any location, TelRad, Sharing, Bookmarks, and more
* No internet connection required
English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 50 MB for iPhone, 90 MB for iPad version
Pricing and Availability:
Star Walk – 5 Stars Astronomy Guide 7.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Star Walk for iPad – 5 Stars Astronomy Guide 7.0 is also available for $2.99.
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company’s latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.