Award-winning educational gaming developer, Niyaa LLC, today announced the launch of State Bingo and Geography Crossword for iPhone and iPod touch – an interactive learning adventure that helps kids learn while having fun. Building on the success of the widely popular State Bingo and Road Trip US, the app contains visually stunning and fact-packed maps, celebrates the centennial of the crossword puzzle with new, graphically compelling crosswords, and is specially designed for iPhone and iPod touch. Expert animation and level-based games engage kids as they build extensive geography skills.
A recent US Department of Education study shows less than one-third of elementary students are proficient in geography. State Bingo and Geography Crossword aims to help change this by combining entertaining games with serious learning. It is developed by a panel of education professionals and designed to align with Common Core Standards. The app keeps kids learning as they travel for spring break, and is an ideal educational tool for parents and teachers of children aged 7.
“We saw a need for geography game apps where maps were at the core of learning,” notes Niyaa Founder, Survi Gopal. “We’re thrilled that the iPad app is so popular in schools and homes, so we created the iPhone and iPod touch version that can be easily accessible from their pockets and used to learn on the go.”
State Bingo And Geography Crossword Features Include:
* Comprehensive data sets covering elementary state geography
* More than 600 updated questions and timeline listing dates of statehood
* Learning includes map navigation skills, capitals, state shapes, abbreviations, US regions, borders, landmarks, national parks, nicknames, major rivers, mountains, lakes, oceans and other topographical features
* 3 levels of gameplay: Easy, Medium, Hard
* Safe for kids: no social network integration; no in-app purchases; no ads
Advance Reviews for State Bingo and Geography Crossword iPhone App:
*iGameMom: “Before you know it, your child will become the expert on US Geography.”
* AppyMall: “The perfect app…for helping kids learn all about the United States…great for a social studies/geography classroom.”
* Teachers With Apps: “Students [are] educationally immersed in learning fun..sets kids up for success!”
Reviews and awards for State Bingo and Road Trip US iPad App:
* Featured by Apple in Apps for Elementary School, Learning in the Car, and New and Noteworthy
* 12 BEST Children’s Educational Apps: Teachers With Apps
* Best Apps For Kids That Make That Road Trip Fly By Washington Post
* Top iPad Apps to Teach Kids US Geography: PadGadget
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 31.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
State Bingo and Geography Crossword 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Based in Menlo Park, California, Niyaa LLC is an independent app development company which creates innovative, entertaining and educational apps for kids of all ages. Founder, Survi Gopal, combines extensive software development experience, a passion for teaching and dedication to making games that are educational as well as entertaining. Copyright (C) 2014 Niyaa LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.