Ubongo – Puzzle Challenge by USM
Fast-paced, addictive, and easy to learn – this puzzle game will challenge your brain! Sprint to solve a puzzle of interlocking shapes. The faster you solve the puzzle, the more jewels you will get.
For a limited time only (April 28-30), the Ubongo game app, created by award-winning board game and educational toy manufacturer Thames & Kosmos, will be available for free download on both iTunes and Google Play app stores.
With more than 2.5 million games sold worldwide, Ubongo is a fast-paced, addictive and easy-to-learn geometric puzzle game where players race against the timer and against each other to solve a puzzle of interlocking shapes. The faster you solve the puzzle, the more gems you get, and the player with the most valuable gem treasure after nine rounds of puzzle solving wins the game! The companion app features more than 400 engaging puzzles to solve as well.
Here’s how the Ubongo game works: Each player receives a set of 12 polyominos, which are geometric shapes formed of equal-size squares joined edge to edge in different arrangements. At the start of each round, each player gets a new puzzle panel. A roll of the die determines which polyominos you must use to perfectly fill in the empty spaces on the puzzle panel. Any players who complete the puzzle within the time limit yell out “Ubongo!” and grab a gem at random from the bag. The fastest player also gets a blue gem, and the second fastest player receives an amber gem. Each gem color is worth a different amount of points. After nine rounds, the player with the most valuable gem collection wins.
App features include:
- 3 different single-player modes. Race against other players online and play against friends and Ubongo fans worldwide!
- Easy to learn
- The original puzzle game by Thames & Kosmos
- Contains the original board game shapes, as well as additional new shapes
- Levels mode, with increasing difficulty and tips for beginners
- Free mode, with more than 6,000 random levels
- Time attack mode, for long-term gaming fun!
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- Recommended for ages 8 and up
- 4/28/17 through 4/30/17: Download “Ubongo – Puzzle Challenge” for FREE from Google Play and in the App Store.
- 5/5/17 through 5/7/17: Purchase “Ubongo – Puzzle Challenge” for $0.99 from Google Play and in the App Store.
**Regular price both platforms = $2.99
Teachers can download the Thames & Kosmos Ubongo Lesson Plan here:
For more information, visit: http://thamesandkosmos.com/index.php/ubongo-puzzle-challenge.