Wanderful Interactive Storybooks, the award-winning developer of apps for today’s digital kids, announces the release of its interactive storybook apps for Mac computers running OSX. These apps, including the award-winning Harry and the Haunted House and Arthur’s Teacher Trouble, are part of the Wanderful storybook collection for iOS originally published by Living Books.
The eight apps are in US English. Most come preloaded with story content in English, Spanish and French although several have different language configurations. Users can toggle instantly between languages with either a mouse click or a tap on the keyboard. These Wanderful apps also include a Classroom Activities guide developed for each app , which is an optional upgrade in the iOS versions. The guide, developed by teachers, creates lesson plans around each story’s themes aligned with the Common Core State Standards. The activities are grouped by grade level and by subject, including language arts, reading, social studies, science and art.
“We’ve had many requests from Mac-using teachers and parents, so we are excited to make these great story experiences again available for the Mac,” said Wanderful Founder and CEO Mickey W. Mantle. “As Living Books, these were pioneering apps on Macs of a generation ago, so in a way they’ve come full circle. But the new Wanderful engine presents these stories on modern computers in a new and exciting way.”
Wanderful apps are highly intuitive and encourage children to explore each interactive storybook page for all its hidden content. With hundreds of interactive antics sounds, words and music, the apps provide a richer interactive experience on one page than many other story apps offer in a whole book.
* Two modes: Read To Me and Let Me Play
* In the Read To Me mode, the storybook is read aloud with sounds, music, and animated sequences that expand the written words on the page
* In the Let Me Play mode each page contains more interactivity than many storybook apps have in their entire app – each page comes alive with animated sounds, words, and interactions triggered by user selection
* Dynamic page selection
* Dynamic language selection (change languages immediately at any time)
* Most Apps have Engligh and Spanish storybook content plus many have a third language (either French or Brazilian Portuguese) included too
* A 40-70 page Classroom Activities guide, tailored for each app and aligned with the Common Core State Standards, is included as part of the product
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 or higher
* Approximately 100 MB Hard Drive space (varies depending on the app)
Pricing and Availability:
The new Wanderful interactive storybooks are now available for $9.99 USD for at the Mac App Store in the Education category.
Wanderful Interactive Storybooks
Wanderful Apps for Mac OSX
Arthur’s Teacher Trouble (English and Spanish) for Mac OS X
Tortoise & the Hare (English, Spanish, and French) for Mac OS X
Harry and the Haunted House (English, Spanish and French) for Mac OS X
Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight (English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese) for Mac OS X
Originally introduced in 1992 by Brderbund Software, Living Books were the industry’s first highly interactive storybooks and embraced by educators, praised by parents and cherished by children. Twenty years later Mickey W. Mantle, the former Brderbund CTO who oversaw the technology development for the original interactive storybooks founded Wanderful and assembled key members of the original team, including Living Books creator Mark Schlichting, to re-invent the wildly popular interactive storybooks. The team has built an entirely new multi-platform engine to drive the story experience on the latest tablets, phones and computers, resulting in interactive storybook apps designed for today’s generation of digital kids. Visit Wanderful Storybooks online for more information or search “Wanderful storybooks” on the App Store or Mac App Store. Coming soon for Android devices. Copyright (C) 2013 Wanderful. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.