A trip to the moon (From the earth to the moon), by JekoLab, will take your kids on a short excursion to, that's right, the moon! This app was inspired by Jules Verne's books and by the oldie but goodie movie, Trip to the Moon by Georges Mlis.
Take-off with Dr. Barbenfouillis, the well-known astronomer, and his odd and funny crew as they lead you towards this new interactive journey! This app was designed with the 6 -10 year old in mind. The ten-year-old's we worked with were engaged but thought the app, with all of its great interactivity and mini games, would be more appropriate for the younger crowd. It was very interesting, the students were quick to notice the crew all resembled famous people - Abe Lincoln and Albert Einstein were spotted immediately!
- Read and/or listen to the tale in English, Italian, French, Spanish (Latin America) and Chinese- It also sports a special feature that lets you decide how to combine text and voice over languages.
- Record the fairytale with your own voice or that of your friends or even mom and dad’s.
- Be amazed by the colorful graphics and by the funny faces of all of the characters
- Interactions are here, there and everywhere: use your fingers, swipe, scroll and shake your device
- Drive Doctor B’s spaceship towards the moon but...be careful the sky is full of meteorites!
- Use the contextual help tool, and make sure you don’t miss anything
- The possibility of turning the voice-over on / off.
* The application has been developed and certified by the Faculty of Education Sciences of the University of Turin - Department of Educational and learning technologies. *