Little Red Riding Hood
by Nosy Crow
is just what we expected it to be, an exemplary educational book app in every possible way! They have thought of everything, including the choice of how long the text will appear on each page - short, medium, or long. Text highlighting is optional, as well. The story is told through a combination of text and talk bubbles, which seemed to draw the child in all the more. Of course, the illustrations and animations done by Nosy Crow are pure perfections, as always! A blue circle appears on the pages to indicate that a character wants to speak. They also provide a choice of which way to venture when you come to a fork in the path or some other exciting action. The fork in the path gives the reader a choice of which way to lead Little Red Riding Hood to her Grandma's, which can really switch the story up along the way.
Upon arriving at Grandma’s house, this classic takes a turn from the usual plot, with many twists and turns... all related to the paths you
have sent Little Red Riding Hood down. We don’t want to give away all the fun so you will just have to hurry over to the app store and add this must-have
to your classic collection. Doesn’t everyone love a tale that ends in, “they all lived happily ever after”?
Our Little Red Riding Hood app is a completely new take on the classic fairytale: for the first time ever, users can create their own story by choosing from multiple paths along the way, resulting in a new, fully-animated adventure with different endings every time.
A revolutionary new form of non-linear narrative storytelling, with eight different routes through the tale – a sort of multimedia, animated 21st Century Choose-Your-Own-Adventure
Nine different games and activities embedded in the story
- Innovative forms of interactivity: blow into the microphone to blow dandelions and a whistle; see yourself in a magical pool with the front-facing camera; tilt the screen to pour honey into a jar, and drag, swipe, tap and zoom to take part in the story and explore more of every scene
- Rich and detailed artwork from the creator of Nosy Crow’s award-winning Cinderella and The Three Little Pigs apps
- Fully animated: characters are constantly on the move
- Hundreds of lines of dialogue for fifteen characters voiced by child actors
- Hundreds of interactive touch-points
- Original music by BAFTA award-winning composer, Robin Beanland
- Text-highlighting to support emerging and early readers