- Animations and movable objects on every page
- Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
- Professional audio narration
- Custom background audio for each scene
- This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Planes - Byron Barton - Yes, the author goes first for this review. This book, in particular, is too near and dear not give credit where credit is due. Oceanhouse Media and Harper Collins Children’s Books have teamed up to deliver this timeless book, smoothly into the digital age. The original integrity of this simple book was not compromised by lots of bells and whistles. Instead, the developers respected the notion that simple can be better and have added just the right touch of interactivity to bring this book into the 21st century. Planes are one of the ultimate in preschool reads. This is the type of book that immediately after you finish reading it, the child responds with, “Read it Again! Please, oh Please!” Now, the iPad version will garner the same response. This will be an app that you and your child will revisit over and over, and never tire of! Kids get to move the aircraft around the sky and add to the storyline, the other forms of transportation in the story move as well. Words pop out of objects and places when touched to help toddlers with reading readiness skills and subtle sound effects can be heard throughout.