In the spirit of good digital citizenship, here are a few suggestions for ISTE attendees, both old and new:
1. Be careful about what you post online. Remember, what gets posted online stays online, in some shape or form. Informal conversations are fine, but there is a fine line between informal and unprofessional. Be careful not to cross that line.
2. If you take a picture of someone at a social event, ask their permission before sharing it via social media. You might not mind pictures of you singing karaoke floating around the internet, but someone else might. In fact, it could cost them their current or a future job. If in doubt, don't post it.
3. If you are having a discussion with someone, don't append the #ISTE13 hashtag to those tweets. Better yet, use DM's or talk in person.
4. Don't drink and post. Period.
5. Remember: If you would be embarrassed to have something show up on the 6:00 news, don't post it online!