My Birds of Prey
, by 5 Ravens
- The creators of the award-winning app, My Bird World, have another wonderful learning experience all ready for you. Their newest educational app, My Birds of Prey, is out and making the rounds and causing a stir. It's been Named by Apple as a "New and Noteworthy App!" and featured on the iTunes "What's Hot List!"
This app has a collection of four different games, that have multiple levels of difficulty, to challenge anyone of any age. Each time you feed a bird, you’ll discover a new fact about it and hear its call. This app features stunning high-res images that are ready for the Retina display of the new, third-generation iPod.
Our students adored My Bird World
and are now smitten with My Birds of Prey! They were immediately drawn into the app since it featured raptors, a very cool bird that is "designed for hunting." The flight pattern game is "brain stimulating and not trivia, you are learning solid content the whole time". This app is chock full of information for students to learn, all while having a great time. Our students love to play this game with partners, challenging one another with the three fact questions.
- Learn about hawks, eagles, owls, kites, condors and other birds of prey.
- Collect the Bald Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Snowy Owl, Osprey, Great Horned Owl, Golden Eagle, California Condor, and much more.
- Place your raptors in five beautiful habitats – field, cliff, river, woods, and marsh – and move them from one habitat to another to see where each bird likes to nest and hunt.
- The app includes 30 spectacular photographs of 15 species, seen flying and in close-up.
- Stunning birdcalls are from The Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s world-famous Macaulay Library, the largest collection of natural sounds.
- The app`s four games teach a variety of learning skills: memory, reading, sound and visual pattern recognition, and bird identification.
This amazing, fully interactive app was co-produced by The Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the bird-loving educational team at Five Ravens, the digital division of Birdcage Press.
Play four games in this one app:
Memory – Play this favorite game in different ways: Find matching pairs of bird images or match birds with their calls, at varying levels of difficulty.
Flight Patterns – Watch closely to track flying birds and find the raptor that has the prey. Levels of difficulty range from lazy soaring to speedy flight.
Match Facts – Test your bird knowledge...or look for clues and make good guesses!
Infestation Predation – Act fast to find the right bird to keep an Infestation of mice, lizards, snakes and other prey at bay!