Clifton Park, New York - November 17, 2016- PreK12 Plaza, a social impact enterprise working to ignite the genius in every child announces the launch of app eBook Plaza, a new, free, bilingual, multimedia resource, providing teachers with blended lessons supporting English-language standards.
The eBook Plaza app provides free access to hundreds of eBooks in six reading levels each, in English and Spanish. In addition, it allows students to create their own eBooks, adding text, images, and their own voices.
“Our didactic method emphasizes comprehension and co-creation, both of which are at the center of the new eBook Plaza app,” said Ana Roca Castro, Founder and CEO of PreK12 Plaza. “This new, multimedia resource will help students of all ages with listening and speaking, while also driving creativity and collaboration.”
Studies have shown the benefits of eBooks and blended learning, including:
- improvement in phonemic awareness and print-concept awareness
- assisting in the development of literacy skills
- increasing student engagement at all levels
- driving parental engagement
- increasing independent learning skills
- development of digital skills including digital citizenship, information management skills, and collaboration skills
About PreK12 Plaza
PreK12 Plaza is an education platform created to ignite the genius in every child and dedicated to democratizing education, embodying the idea that access to information equals access to power and opportunity. As the first multicultural education platform built for diverse communities, PreK12 Plaza has expanded its reach to close the academic achievement gap among students across the globe.