Sentence Maker, by Grasshopper Apps, is just terrific! Somehow, Sentence Maker fell through the cracks and we didn't review it when we first started using it. This simple, yet sensational, the app is powerful. We've had students working with Sentence Maker for some time and have seen the marked improvement in their skills. One of the first things we noticed and liked was how easy this app is to navigate and customize. The developers have included all the essentials. The left to right directionality mode is perfect for reading readiness purposes and it is great to have a choice of upper or lower case letters.
Grasshopper Apps states, "We believe that educational apps need to be insanely fun, highly educational and affordable for all. Period." TWA couldn't agree more, and highly recommend all of their apps to teachers, parents, and caregivers everywhere.
- EVERYTHING IS CUSTOMIZABLE
- You decide what stage of sentences to focus on. Whether you want to get started with 2-word combos or jump straight to 5-word sentences is all up to you.
- Turn Tile Magnets ON or OFF from the settings page. The tile magnet automatically snaps letters in their place. This is great for toddlers with little fingers but now you can turn this off if you are ready to take your spelling skills to the next level
- Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
- Add your own items - add your own pictures and start making sentences with the items around your home!
- Uses real, crisp photographs that are carefully hand-picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
- Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
- Multi-sensory learning tool - combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
- Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kid does not enjoy
- Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
- Add new letters - you can even add new letters that are unique to your language to make this app work in any language
- You can even customize all of the game and success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
- Sentence hints - if you want to learn just by sight, you can turn the sentence hints off
- Visual hints - if you want to learn just by sound, you can hide the images
- Word hints - if you don't want to show the letter hints in the destination tiles, you can turn them off
- Sentence order - you can go from A to Z or in random order
- Word order - you can go in any order or require that words are spelled from left to right
- Letter case - uppercase, lowercase, and capitalized spelling is supported
- Create new lists - want to help your little one with a specific set of words? No problem, just create a new list of words
- Customize items - every item is fully customizable (text, audio, and image) You can also add your own photos
- Sentence Maker now includes sentences with proper capitalization and punctuation
UPDATED APRIL 2020